Watch Area Program
Our Watch Area Program is focused on bringing neighbours together so that they can improve their communities through safety initiatives. We believe that a vibrant neighbourhood is one where neighbours talk to each other, help each other, and become part of a community that is safe and engaged. These neighbours take the time to know what is going on, look out for and care about each other. If criminal activity is observed, it is reported to London Police Services and other stakeholders.
In addition, Watch Area members will be provided resources to assist seniors and those suffering from social isolation.
We know that each neighbourhood is different and has unique needs and concerns. Are you concerned about traffic calming, substance abuse or mental health issues? We can assist you to form working groups to present your concerns to your local councillors.
Getting started is easy, and our Watch Area Program is available to all residents of the City of London. You can either join an existing watch or our virtual watch group. Our virtual watch group allows those living outside of an active area to still receive NWL membership benefits.
No Watch Area in your neighbourhood? No problem – we can help you form your own!
You simply need a group of neighbours that meets the following requirements:
- One lead contact who will become your Area-Coordinator. This individual must be a resident of the City of London, and must have a valid E-mail and phone number on file with Neighbourhood Watch London
- Your Area Coordinator must have a Vulnerable Sector police check no more than 90 days old
- At least 10 homes on the same or adjoining streets; all Neighbourhood Watch Members must have a valid E-Mail address on file with us
- Agree to Neighbourhood Watch London policies (supplied at time of establishing your Watch Area)
- Payment of membership fees per household
- Payment of Neighbourhood Watch road signs (These fees are imposed by the City of London and are not controlled by Neighbourhood Watch London. Please contact us for more information.)
My Business Neighbourhood
This unique program is aimed at strengthening our communities and local businesses. Local business owners who are genuinely interested in helping to make our community better can join to receive exclusive benefits. In turn, Business Members are encouraged to offer exclusive discounts and perks to Neighbourhood Watch London members.
Friendly Call is offered in partnership with Over 55, and is designed to reduce social isolation in our community. This service is free, and members of the community can enrol on the Friendly Call website to receive phone calls from our volunteers. Please note: our volunteers are not trained counsellors or mental health professionals, and are not intended to handle crisis situations. Learn more at www.friendlycall.ca.
Not a member yet? Join to receive these great benefits:
Digital Updates & Resources
Get info about community safety and important issues via social media, newsletters and self-serve tools.
Neighbourhood Watch Plus members gain access to savings on home insurance and other items from local retailers.
Join a Community
Whether it's digital or face-to-face, you can form part of a collective voice which is 20,000+ strong.
652 Elizabeth St., London ON