Our Watch Area Program brings neighbours together so that they can improve their communities. We believe that a vibrant neighbourhood is one where neighbours talk to each other, help each other, and become part of a community. These neighbours take the time to know what is going on, look out for and care about each other. If criminal activity is observed, it is reported to London Police Services and other stakeholders.
Getting started is easy, and our program is available to all residents of the City of London. We can provide the support and resources you need to have a successful Watch Area.
We help our members to:
- Make their communities safer;
- Communicate in effective ways with one another and London Police and other service providers;
- Combat social isolation in their community members;
Becoming a member of Neighbourhood Watch involves a commitment to:
- Improve your community.
- Report any crime or suspicious activity to the London Police Services and your neighbours.
- Engage with your neighbours
- Review information from Neighbourhood Watch London
The benefits of being in a Neighbourhood Watch:
- Develop a sense of community and belonging
- Being in a vibrant, safer community
- A nearly 25% reduction in crime rates
- Eligibility for discounts on home and auto insurance through Allstate Insurance
- Receive electronic Neighbourhood Watch updates
As a member you will be expected to:
- Work to improve your community
- Help combat social isolation
- Assist the elderly and those in need
- Stay up to date on communication from Neighbourhood Watch London